This role is at a senior level within an established outsourcing practice (Global Services) that has been a successful and significant part of the wider Blick Rothenberg business for over thirty years. The department services a portfolio of overseas owned clients ranging from subsidiaries of listed groups, VC and PE backed entities and large family owned businesses (such as German Mittelstand companies). Assistance is provided with bookkeeping, management reporting, VAT compliance, accounts payable and receivable management including administering payments, payroll compliance and other such matters that would otherwise be completed by an in house accounting team.
The individual must be able to manage a range of individuals from different backgrounds and at different levels of seniority, both internally and at clients. From a client perspective the individual will be expected to charge around 1,000 hours per year. This will be a combination of client relationship time, understanding clients in order to cross sell, both hot and cold file reviews of work undertaken by others and resolution of more involved queries and accounting/VAT/CIS issues. Technical support is available within the group in all such areas with the director being responsible for identifying when matters need escalating to such a resource.
Directors provide the leadership for Global Services and as such the directors should be seen to exemplify the Blick Rothenberg values and commitments to client service. They will be expected to exercise sound commercial judgement in the management of their portfolio, which will, after a period of transition, be around £2m in recurring fees.
- Assisting the senior leadership team with running the team from a staffing perspective;
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of clients;
- Owning relationships relating to outsourcing services with a significant portfolio of clients;
- Ensuring wider stakeholder awareness of client activity given others in the firm will be providing services to and/or will own the high level relationships with many of the clients;
- Coaching more junior members of the team to develop their client management skills;
- Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team;
- Managing financial relationship with clients being recovery, debtor and work in progress; and
- Ensuring that the company’s risks are managed appropriately.
- Capability to work independently at director level and demonstrate leadership ability and management experience;
- Experience of delivering services to internationally expanding groups;
- Ability to prioritise workloads with multiple deadlines;
- Skills to supervise and develop staff;
- Good client relationship and communication skills;
- Commercially aware;
- A “can do” attitude and willingness to tackle a range of client issues;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines; and
- Ability to provide clear and concise communication with clients both orally and in writing.
If you wish to apply (or require any further information) for any of the positions - applications can be submitted by emailing your CV (with covering letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org